Quick link to your answer
General Info Hue
Hue is located near the historical border of North and South Vietnam during the Vietnam War. The main attraction is the Citadel, where you can walk around for several hours and get to know the history of this Imperial city. However, when you are not so much interested in history, better skip this:).
We recommend to stay in Hue only as a stopover for the High Van Pass. The High Van (Mountain) Pass is a scenic and easy to ride road along the coast between Hue and DaNang. It is one of the greatest ocean roads in the world and often referred to as the Great Ocean Road of Vietnam. It is very easy to arrange an ‘easy rider’ motorbike tour, with which you can rent a motorbike (with or without guide) and drive to Hoi An while your luggage will be transferred by the motorbike rental company to Hoi An.
In case you were thinking about driving a bike in Vietnam, this is the part where you should do it. Great stops along this road are the Elephant rock and Marble mountains. In case you are to scared to drive a bike or never drove one before, you can also join at the backseat of the motorbike of a guide. Otherwise, you could also take the train, which follows the same route so you can still catch a glimpse of this beautiful view.
How to get there
- Flight: 600.000 VND (€22), duration: 1.5 hrs
- Train: 672.000 VND (€25), duration: 13 hrs
- Bus: 270.000 VND (€10), duration: 13 hrs
- Train: 80.000 VND (€3), duration: 4 hrs
- Bus: 130.000 VND (€5), duration: 4 hrs
- Train: 565.000 VND (€20,50), duration: 11 hrs
- Bus: 270.000 VND (€10), duration: 10 hrs
- Bus: 150.000 VND (€5,50), duration: 4,5 hrs
- Train and bus: 180.000 VND (€6,50), duration: 4,5 hrs
- Shutte bus: 50.000 VND (€2), duration: 30min
- Taxi: 250.000 VND (€9), duration: 30min
Where to stay in Hue
Was this post useful to you?