Quick link to your answer
General Info Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon, or Qui Nhon, is a great alternative if you like to chill on a beach but don’t like the over-touristic beach cities Nha Trang and Mui Ne. Many people stop in Nha Trang or Mui Ne to spend a few days on the beach, but this will probably not be the relaxed beach city they would expect. These cities are packed with tourists staying in large resorts and the aggressive taxi drivers don’t give the correct representation of the kindness you would expect from the Vietnamese locals.
Luckily, this is totally different in Quy Nhon. Quy Nhon is located between Hoi An and Nha Trang and has a large and clean beach where you can easily find a quiet spot on an almost empty beach. Locals will be genuinely interested to get to know you and will welcome you with big smiles and might invite you to play some volleyball with them.
When you are looking for an even better authentic experience, we recommend to stay in the small fishing village Bai Xep. This town is located 10km south of Quy Nhon and can be reached in 15 minutes from Quy Nhon center. Thanks to it’s clean beach with crystal clear water and the very chilled vibe, its’ popularity has been rising fast among backpackers in the recent years. Accommodations like Life’s a Beach, Big Tree Backpackers and Home of Dreamers will make this experience one you dreamed of.
How to get there
- Public bus from Quy Nhon: 9.000 VND (€0,30), duration: 20min
- Taxi from Quy Nhon: 150.000 VND (€5,50), duration: 15min
- Taxi from railway station: 200.000 VND (€7), duration: 45min
- Bus: 140.000 VND (€5), duration: 5 hrs
- Train and bus: 230.000 VND (€8,50), duration: 6 hrs
- Train: 140.000 VND (€5), duration: 4 hrs
- Bus: 90.000 VND (3,25), duration: 5 hrs
- Bus: 260.000 VND (€9,50), duration: 8 hrs
Top 3 recommendations to stay in Bai Xep
Was this post useful to you?