Quick link to your answer
General Info DaLat
Thanks to its’ higher altitude of 1500m, DaLat is a very popular destination with locals to escape from the heath of the south. Don’t worry, it won’t get as cold as in SaPa, but wearing a jacked in the evening won’t be a bad idea. While Da Lat is a great destination for adventurous travelers, it is also known as the flower city of romance and even has a little Eifeltower!
In Da Lat you can rent a motorbike and visit nearby waterfalls and coffee farms, explore the city by foot or join a canyoning tour to abseil waterfalls. Note that this city is probably the most visited city during Tet holiday in January/February (Vietnamese New Year) and you will hardly be able to find any accommodation if you don’t book in advance during this period!
How to get there
- Shuttle bus: 40.000 VND (€1,5), duration: 45min
- Taxi: 200.000 VND (€7,50), duration: 45min
- Flight and bus: 2.340.000 VND (€89), duration: 2,5 hrs
- Train and bus (or taxi): 880.000 VND (€31,50) + taxi , duration: 15,5 hrs
- Bus: 370.000 VND (€13), duration: 17 hrs
- Bus: 260.000 VND (€9,50), duration: 8 hrs
- Bus: 120.000 VND (€4,50), duration: 4 hrs
- Bus: 120.000 VND (€4,50), duration: 5 hrs
- Flight: 560.000 VND (€21), duration: 2,5 hrs
- Bus: 250.000 VND (€9), duration: 7 hrs
My favourite accommodations in DaLat
- €15 or less Redhouse Backpacker Hostel
- €15 to €30 Doc May Boutique Villa
- €30 to €50 The Orchid Villa Dalat
Was this post useful to you?